Property Ref: 66532
Manata Lodge Luxury Accommodation For Sale in Queenstown
Unique Opportunity to Secure a Luxury Lodge in Queenstown! This Luxury Lodge sits in a prime location, featuring fabulous Central Otago Mountain views!
- Located 5 minutes from Queenstown Airport and only 15 minutes from Queenstown’s CBD
- Sitting above Shotover River, provides a private, stunning, and secluded destination for guests
- Features 4 self-contained suites: 2 studio apartments, 1-bedroom apt. and a 2-bedroom unit
- Offers a freehold going concern, with possible future development options!
Please contact Adrian Chisholm to discuss this boutique accommodation and commercial property investment opportunity. Call Adrian now on 021727888!
We are delighted to present the beautiful Manata Lodge which has been in the guardianship of a lovely local family for many years, who now wish to retire. The Manata Lodge featuring a spectacular entrance, gateway, and lobby, and four self-contained suites, plus ample carparking, this property presents a business investment opportunity like no other.
The spectacular mountain views provide a stunning backdrop to the vast number of beautiful weddings and events that have been held on the property, and a liquor licence was previously held to compliment these.
This Luxury Lodge is perfectly positioned to take advantage of Queenstown's growing visitor market and is regarded as one of New Zealand's leading conference, incentive, wedding and special event destination.
Location: Enjoying a prime location, sitting above the famous Shotover River to the east. North facing for maximum sun with views to Coronet Peak and The Remarkables, the lodge commands a truly rural outlook, and yet is just 5 minutes from Queenstown Airport and 15 minutes from Queenstown's bustling CBD. The elevation of the location offers seclusion for lodge guests to find their own space to relax and unwind.
The Manata Lodge enjoys a reputation as one of Queenstown’s most delightful luxury accommodation providers: Accessed from its own dedicated private driveway, the luxury lodge is comprised of four self-contained suites: two studio apartments, a one-bedroom apartment, and a two-bedroom unit.
They each feature their own kitchen, ensuite and private courtyard or balcony. All are currently individually offered, to maximise returns. Potentially a new owner could rent the entire lodge to a manager and receive a consistent set income with no workload.
Manata Lodge studio configurations:
- The Pavilion Studio: This studio sleeps 2 guests with a choice of king or twin beds. Colonial influences make thids studio a contemporary tribute to the glory days of empire and discovery. Opening on to a tiled courtyard, with outdoor dining and large gas BBQ. This apartment looks on to the enigmatic ranges of the Southern Alps. Japan is the theme in a fabulous bathroom dedicated to the worship of ablution, a feel made complete by a luxurious bath and spacious shower, and a super-king-sized bed invites rest fit for an emperor.
- The Le Grande Dame Studio: This studio sleeps 2 guests with a choice of king or twin beds. With space for a couple or two friends in singles, the largest of Manata's studios draws inspiration from the charm of rural France. The rustically stylish kitchenette and high ceilings blend peasant versatility and Paris chic, and a spacious living area is the perfect place for hours of bonhomie or relaxation. The suite's french doors open out onto a large deck and tiled courtyard with furnishings and a BBQ area. This suite also interconnects with The Wakatipu Suite to make a very comfortable 3 bedroom apartment able to sleep up to 6 guests.
- The Wakatipu Suite: This 2 bedroom suite sleeps 4 guests with a choice of king or twin beds. The Wakatipu is the largest suite featuring a huge master bedroom. It's fully equiped kitchen, lounge & dining room open out on to a private patio with sweeping rural and mountain vistas. Formal dining, family relaxation or entertaining friends attractive choices in Manata's largest accomodation option. With two bedrooms, a spacious lounge and dining room, and a spacious kitchen, the suite can be further extended to take in The Le Grande Dame Studio for larger groups.
- The Eltrusco Suite: This one bedroom suite sleeps 2 guests with a choice of king or twin beds. The Eltrusco Suite is elevated with direct views of Coronet Peak and had a full kitchen, private balcony and separate bedroom. The large and private veranda is the place to enjoy this suite's signature outlook to the South Island's best loved ski slopes. Self contained, the apartment is fully equipped for mixing sundowner cocktails and preparing romantic meals among the surrounding peaks. The bedroom, complete with super-king-sized bed, features another glorious view in the opposite direction, to the dramatic verdant slopes of Quail Rise.
Potential & Development:
Potentially a new owner could rent the entire luxury lodge to a manager and receive a consistent set income with no workload.
There is also an opportunity to purchase The Manata Lodge plus residential accommodation, designed by award winning architect Michael Wyatt.
For more details please see our separate listing here: Luxury Lodge, Wedding & Function Venue For Sale Now!
For more information, please contact Adrian Chisholm, your Specialist Tourism Broker on Mobile 021727888 or outside of New Zealand on +6421727888, or by email at Adrian@tourismproperties.com
We look forward to sharing this fabulous property with you.
Queenstown is the Southern Hemisphere’s premier four season lake and alpine resort!
Queenstown’s stunning scenery, huge range of activities and renowned warm welcome cement its reputation as New Zealand’s favourite visitor destination. Surrounded by majestic mountains and set on the shores of crystal clear Lake Wakatipu, the natural beauty and the unique energy of the region create the perfect backdrop for a holiday full of adventure, exploration or relaxation.
Over 2 million visitors are drawn to Queenstown each year, including adventurers, filmmakers, wine enthusiasts, Hollywood and Bollywood stars and US Presidents to enjoy their own unforgettable travel experience. Visitors come to experience our unique scenery, search for adventure, seek out relaxation and rejuvenation, or to just breathe our pure mountain air.
The Queenstown region is world-famous for adventure and is the birthplace of many iconic activities including commercial bungy jumping and jetboating. Other activities guaranteed to get your blood pumping include white water rafting, ziplining, 4x4 off-roading, snowsports, paragliding and skydiving. The region is also home to plenty of hiking and biking trails, guided tours, family activities, boat cruises, scenic flights or spa and wellness centres.
Central Queenstown is a sophisticated town with a fantastic choice of restaurants, a lively bar scene and excellent shopping. The picturesque town sits on the edge of Lake Wakatipu and you’ll experience a unique energy and atmosphere all year-round.
Source: Destination Queenstown, NZ.
To access and download full confidential individual files on businesses for sale on this website, you must first be registered and have ticked the box that you agree to the strict terms and conditions of the confidentiality agreement provided by TourismProperties.com - A two minute process! If you are already registered, you can request full access to this listing’s confidential files by logging in with your existing user name and password. Adrian Chisholm will quickly respond confirming your approval. When your business broker, Adrian Chisholm, emails you access approval you must be logged in to this website to download the confidential files.
Manata Lodge | Chattels List - 102.1 KB
Manata Lodge | Financials - 1.0 MB
180919-1887-BDY-ADJ-RevA.pdf - 206.7 KB
20180924-Lodge-111a-Tucker-Beach-Road-CMV-lbo.pdf - 2.8 MB
MANATA LODGE | Online Customer Reviews & Feedback
"Truly a home away from home :)" ★★★★★
Beautiful garden and views. Friendly owner. 10-15mins away from Queenstown. Lodge was clean and well furnished. Wonderful location for tranquility .It was nice waking up to spectacular views every morning .Will surely return :)
"Peaceful stay" ★★★★★
Stayed here for 8 nights. Out of the city a little bit but if that's what your looking for its perfect. 8 minutes to the bus stop at Quayle Rise. The owners Wayne and Ethyl make it a welcomed stay and can help with anything. They have free mountain bikes to use if feeling up for a ride. Perfect for couples getaway or a family of you get the conjoining rooms
What a beautiful venue and location. Look out on the hill and you can see Coronet Peak all lit up at night for night skiing. By day the views are spectacular and there is so much to do, bikes, tennis, walks, Arrowtown, skiing, or just stay in your spacious cozy apartment! The bath was divine and all the little details and touches made our stay so great. The kitchen was equipped with everything you could need to get started making a meal, salt pepper, oil etc. Modern, clean and luxurious. A real treat. To top it of the owners and incredibly friendly and will help with anything while at the same time giving you so much privacy. Just loved our stay at Manata. ...I was worried about the distance into Queenstown from here but it was really just a short 5 to 10 minute drive at most and quite lovely to be away from all the hustle bustle.
"Just love it." ★★★★★
This was our third visit since 2011. When you fall in love with a place you will generally return and that is what we did. Great quiet location with all of the requirements that we needed. You can visit the local attractions and wineries or just put your feet up and enjoy the lodge. You might meet the staff and or owners and they are lovely and respectful of your privacy. The rooms are all well appointed and so comfortable. we have always stayed in the La Grande Dame suite and will do so if we return.
Source: Online review platforms.