Property Ref: 68158
Glacier View Motel Business for sale Franz Josef
Join the tourism boom on the West Coast. This motel is ideally located just north of the township of Franz Josef, approx. 2 minutes drive to the town centre and all major tourist attractions and activities. This well-established business is offering buyers a return on investment of 32% over 3 years.
What's on Offer:
- Premium tourism accommodation located in one of New Zealand's top tourist attractions.
- 15 well-appointed motel units, room configurations include a combination of studios and 1 & 2 bedroom units.
- 15-year lease term on offer or if you prefer you can purchase additional terms, at a fixed fee. Please register with us to find out more.
- Owners accommodation: separate private 4 bedroom family house, with reception built off the owner's accommodation for convenience.
- PMS Motel Mate and the channel manager is SiteMinder.
West Coast NZ Tourism Stats Highlights Year Ended August 2018
- Guest nights rose 1.5% 1,405,497
- International guest nights rose1.9% to 916,928
- Domestic guest nights rose 0.8% to 488,569
- The average length of stay rose from 1.4 to 1.43 nights
Brokers Comments: This business is priced to sell and would suit a couple or family wanting to get an affordable start into a very good tourism accommodation business. To learn more about this business please register online or call Brad M: 0212780919 or email: email@example.com
The hospitable town of Franz Josef serves the glacier of the same name. Stay here while you explore this spectacular World Heritage Area. Franz Josef Glacier was first explored in 1865 by geologist Julius von Haast, who named it after the Austrian emperor. The glacier is five kilometres from the town of the same name, and a 1.5 hour walk will take you to within 750m of its terminal face. If you want to actually make contact with the glacier, take a guided ice walk or a heli-hike. Aerial sightseeing is another option.
There's a range of natural attractions in close proximity to Franz Josef Glacier Village. Lose yourself in the rainforests, waterfalls, and lakes.
In the town you’ll find plenty of places to eat at, or relax at the Glacier Hot Poolsor explore the wildlife centre. At nearby Lake Mapourika, you can take a kayak tour or rent a stand-up paddle board.
To access and download full confidential individual files on businesses for sale on this website, you must first be registered and have ticked the box that you agree to the strict terms and conditions of the confidentiality agreement provided by TourismProperties.com - A two minute process! If you are already registered, you can request full access to this listing’s confidential files by logging in with your existing user name and password. Brad Watts will quickly respond confirming your approval. When your business broker, Brad Watts, emails you access approval you must be logged in to this website to download the confidential files.
2017-06-19-Glacier-View-Motel-lease.pdf - 23.5 KB
Valuation-2016.pdf - 3.5 MB
Lease-Document.pdf - 1.0 MB
2018-Sales-Extracts.pdf - 111.3 KB