Please register your interest on this listing, on the 'Documents Tab' tab.
Property Ref: 53704
St Itas Guesthouse for Sale in Canterbury
Property Type: Bed & Breakfast, B&B Residential Opportunities, Other Accommodation
Sale Type: Freehold Going Concern
Physical Address: St Itas Guesthouse Rakaia Barrhill Methven Road, Rakaia, New Zealand
Price: LAND, BUILDINGS AND BUSINESS $1,290,000 + GST (if any)
Broker: Deb ChakrabortyMobile: +64 2102760319
St Itas Guesthouse for Sale in Canterbury
This grand old lady is a historical building and bed and breakfast with a good size managers apartment. The beautiful brick construction, the new roof that blends in and the well manicured gardens present a timeless elegance. St Itas offers you a very rare home and income opportunity and a freehold ownership to this unique and well maintained building. Rakaia is strategically located between Christchurch and Invercargill and Christchurch and Methven.
St Itas was originally a school that opened in 1912. In 1914 St Itas became a school and a convent for the sisters who were teaching in the school. The school finally closed in 1985 after a massive renovation, and became a guest house in 1993.
- Approximately 1 acre of well maintained gardens with fruit trees, a water pond and a tennis court
- A new roof has been completed in 2021 costing approximately $100,000
- 3 Heat Pumps and Gas and Electric Heating
- Ashburton District Council Heritage 2 Building
- Just 40 minutes from Christchurch
- Located closed to the main route from Christchurch to Invercargill
- Locate enroute to Mt. Hutt ski fields and the new Opuke Hot Pools in Methven
- Plenty of parking
- Extra Large Patio and outdoor area
- 1 twin room with ensuite, 2 double rooms with ensuites, and one family room with a separate bathroom.
- 1 additional bedroom with separate toilet
- Lounge, games room and library
- Portico overlooking the front garden and a grand entrance
- Very high stud
- Well maintained building in and out
- Built in 2006 using the extra large roof cavity
- 2 Bedroom with walk-in robe and 1 bathroom
- Lounge, dining and kitchen
- Balcony with a view towards Mt Hutt
- More space to expand into the tall roof cavity
Rakaia is a strategically located transit town serviced by travellers who are on business, farming related activities, leisure, ski or other activities. This is an ideal home and income business and it is close to two major cities in Canterbury which is Christchurch and Ashburton.
If you would like to know more and obtain the business overview for this property, please register here on our website, and then navigate to the Documents tab above the main image, and request access to the confidential information therein, thank you.
Full Listing Information for this Tourism Business will be disclosed to registered, approved Potential Purchasers.
Become a Registered User:
To gain access and download full confidential individual files on businesses for sale on this website, you must first be a registered user, and have ticked the box that you agree to the strict terms and conditions of the confidentiality agreement, provided by TourismProperties.com.
This is a simple two-minute process, which you can complete by selecting ‘Register’ at the top right hand of your device now.
If you are already registered with us:
You can request full access to this listing’s confidential files by:
- Logging in with your existing user name (your email used to register) and your password, then by
- Locating the listing you are interested in viewing Listing Files, then
- Navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, of the listing you are interested in, and
- Selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within.
We will quickly respond confirming your approval.
When you are emailed your ‘access approval’ notification, you need to be logged in to our website, in order to view and/or download the confidential files, which are located in your ‘Document Library‘.
If you are already logged in now:
Simply register your interest here, by navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, and selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within, and Adrian will come back to you by email with your access notification.
53704 | St Itas Guest House | LIM
53704 | St Itas Guest House | Financials 2020
53704 | St Itas Guest House| Chattel List
53704 | St Itas Guest House| Historical Information
53704 | St Itas Guest House| Ground Floor Plan
53704 | St Itas Guest House| First Floor Plan
53704 | St Itas Guest House | IM
Property TypeBed & Breakfast
B&B Residential Opportunities
Sale TypeFreehold Going Concern
Physical AddressSt Itas Guesthouse Rakaia Barrhill Methven Road, Rakaia, New Zealand
PriceLAND, BUILDINGS AND BUSINESS $1,290,000 + GST (if any)
Deb ChakrabortyTourism, Hospitality and Leisure Business Broker
International: +64 2102760319
NZ Mobile: 021 02760319
Dilan De SilvaBranch Manager l Tourism, Hospitality & Leisure Business Broker
New Zealand Regions: North Island & Upper South Island International: Australia, Pacific Islands & Other Destinations
International: +64 27 444 9692
NZ Mobile: 027 444 9692