Please register your interest on this listing, on the 'Documents Tab' tab.
Property Ref: 4040
Ravenswood Motel Complex Development, North Canterbury
Property Type: Commercial Real Estate, Development Opportunities
Sale Type: Freehold Investment
Physical Address: Main North Rd, Ravenswood 7691
Price: FREEHOLD INVESTMENT, asking $990,000 + GST if any
Broker: Adrian ChisholmMobile: +64 21 727 888
Ravenswood is a new master-planned North Canterbury township which provides 1,350 residential sections with large areas of open space, along with a full-service commercial precinct.
Located in a desirable position on the northern fringe of Woodend, Ravenswood extends from Rangiora Woodend Road in the south, to State Highway 1 in the north east. Central Christchurch is a short commute to the south and travel is about to become significantly more efficient with the pending completion of motorway enhancements.
Ravenswood is adjacent to Pegasus with associated recreational opportunities and amenities including a golf course, Lake Pegasus and the beach beyond plus biking and walking tracks.
The commercial precinct has generated strong interest and a number of national retail brands have already committed to the project or are at an advanced stage of negotiation.
Construction of the commercial area is underway and Stage 1 residential will start shortly. Residential sites at Ravenswood have sold well due to competitive pricing, high amenity values, proximity to shopping and services plus numerous recreational opportunities nearby.
What’s on Offer
Prime commercial land, lot 202, 3,609m2 more or less is in an excellent location, easy access from State Highway 1 and ready for development. Consent is in place to build a motel complex for 26 x 2 bedrooms units along with a double story dwelling for the manager’s residence. The 26 units are separated in 2 blocks, one set of 13 units on the ground floor and 13 units on the upper floor, the manger’s unit will be detached from the motel units plus 32 on site car parks. Please refer to the recourse consent within the Documents page tab.
Factors underpinning buoyant outlook for commercial activities at Ravenswood include:
- Excellent exposure to Stage Highway 1 which has some 18,000 vehicle movements daily and is projected to reach 28,000 by 2027
- Limited supply of commercial land in this locality
- Developer controls in place to ensure an appropriate mix of business uses occur
- Strong growth in the primary and secondary retail catchments that Ravenswood can service
- Strategic location which will allow Ravenswood to become the commercial hub servicing the wider area
- Well-established national brands committing to Ravenswood, providing confidence to other buyers
- Example of a successful outcome at Rolleston for businesses beside SH1, which as with Ravenswood also has an adjoining residential base
- Ongoing population growth in surrounding areas, such as Pegasus, Rangiora and Woodend
- Significant employment opportunities associated with the new businesses at Ravenswood including the supermarket, service station and fast food operators, plus the residential construction sector
- NZTA is spending approx. $600 million building three new motorways to service northern parts of Christchurch. This will reduce congestion and significantly benefit Ravenswood
- In terms of comprehensive shopping facilities there is no competition in the immediate vicinity. The New World supermarket at Ravenswood will become a major draw card for local residents along with passing traffic on State Highway 1. Complementary businesses who establish a presence in the adjoining retail area at Ravenswood will benefit from this captive market and future growth
This is an excellent opportunity for a smart investor to develop the site, own and operate the business or alternatively lease the business and retain the freehold investment.
For more confidential information, please register here on our new website, or to arrange your viewing, please contact Adrian Chisholm, Specialist Tourism Business Broker on Mobile 021727888, or by email at Adrian@tourismproperties.com.
Ravenswood is located in one of New Zealand’s fastest growing districts with a population of 50,000 people. Over 12,000 people will reside in the direct catchment area within 2km. Ravenswood is a fully masterplanned community of 1,352 residential sections and 13 ha of commercial land comprising of a mix of commercial and light industrial including New World, BP and McDonald’s, who are all already committed to the project.
WAIMAKARIRI DISTRICT KEY FACTS
- Third largest district in the South Island (by population) after Christchurch and Dunedin.
- Second fastest growing region in New Zealand after Selwyn District.
- Estimated population to increase from 50,000 (2013 Census) to circa 76,000 by 2031 – a rise of 52%.
- Easily accessible central location.
Full Listing Information for this Tourism Business will be disclosed to registered, approved Potential Purchasers.
Become a Registered User:
To gain access and download full confidential individual files on businesses for sale on this website, you must first be a registered user, and have ticked the box that you agree to the strict terms and conditions of the confidentiality agreement, provided by TourismProperties.com.
This is a simple two-minute process, which you can complete by selecting ‘Register’ at the top right hand of your device now.
If you are already registered with us:
You can request full access to this listing’s confidential files by:
- Logging in with your existing user name (your email used to register) and your password, then by
- Locating the listing you are interested in viewing Listing Files, then
- Navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, of the listing you are interested in, and
- Selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within.
We will quickly respond confirming your approval.
When you are emailed your ‘access approval’ notification, you need to be logged in to our website, in order to view and/or download the confidential files, which are located in your ‘Document Library‘.
If you are already logged in now:
Simply register your interest here, by navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, and selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within, and Adrian will come back to you by email with your access notification.
Ravenswood - Plan
Ravenswood - Valuation
Ravenswood - Lease
Ravenswood - Information Memorandum
Property TypeCommercial Real Estate