Please register your interest on this listing, on the 'Documents Tab' tab.
Property Ref: 43487
Freehold Holiday Park Conversion, near Wanaka
Property Type: Holiday Parks / Caravan Parks
Sale Type: Freehold Going Concern, Freehold Investment, Urgent Deadline Sales
Region: Wanaka, Queenstown, Central Otago
Physical Address: Makarora 9382
Price: FREEHOLD INVESTMENT/DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY offers over 1mil +GST
Broker: Adrian ChisholmMobile: +64 21 727 888
Freehold Holiday Park Development & Conversion at the top of Lake Wanaka
- The Makarora Country Café presents a unique opportunity to enter the Wanaka & Mt Aspiring National Park tourism market with an expanded Holiday Park complex with fantastic frontage to the State Highway from the West Coast to Wanaka and Queenstown
- This strategic Tourism Accommodation complex located on 1 hectare (approx.) of freehold land is zoned for visitor accommodation and there’s a great 4brm home for the owner/manager
- Plus there’s an existing “A” Grade Certificate for the camping ground
- Seldom does such a great business opportunity on a large freehold site come along, while also allowing for future development opportunities!
- Take advantage of the opportunity to continue earning while converting!
The location is key to this business’ viability, being on the State Highway. The existing small Makarora Country Campervan Park is set on approximately 1 hectare (10,086m2) in Makarora, which borders Mount Aspiring National Park. Makarora is only a 40-minute drive to Wanaka, and is rich in hidden gems of history, culture, adventure and natural beauty. Makarora is the halfway point, and a ‘must-stop’ location, between Queenstown and the Glaciers.
HOLIDAY PARK & POTENTIAL CONVERSION, PLUS CASHFLOW WHILE YOU CONVERT!
- Camping ground currently features both powered points and tent sites
- Currently there are 10 service points for campervan parking and great onsite facilities
- A substantial owners’ residence which could also be used as additional tourist accommodation as a lodge or B&B operation
- Cabins could be added to the existing holiday park
- Vacant land to the South of the cafe is ideal for the future development of motel studios or units to further develop the existing campervan park. This land is designated visitor accommodation.
- Note: The district plan allows for both commercial activity and visitor accommodation as a discretionary activity.
SOLID DEVELOPMENT & CONVERSION OPPORTUNITY!
Earn while you do the conversion! Keep the current business operating as you convert the facility to make the most of the spring and summer patrons! Where do you buy 1ha of commercial land, already zoned for tourism accommodation, and 800m² of existing buildings (Plus 115m² under cover canopy space) ready to convert into a full blown Holiday park for $1m plus GST?
The Existing Main Cafe, kitchen, gift shop, and toilets, comprise approx. 399.3m² plus a forecourt canopy of 114.5m², and a concreted paved outdoor dining deck and courtyard of approx. 40m².
Other buildings include the utility shed (approx. 20m²), workshop (approx. 33m²), carport (approx. 39m²), and implement Shed (approx. 122m²).
EXISTING OWNER/MANAGER ACCOMMODATION
- Offering an attractive large residence, being approx. 206.6m² , plus verandas and decks of approx. 58m².
- The ground floor features an open plan kitchen, dining, and living area, plus separate lounge, along with two bedrooms, bathroom, office, craft/sewing room, laundry and verandas.
- The first floor has a sitting room, two further bedrooms, and a bathroom. NZ Native timbers, matai and red pine, feature in the floors, walls and ceilings.
These buildings and areas are ideal for converting to a great holiday park environment allowing for spacious guest kitchens, toilets, showers, dining room, tv lounge, recreational activities like pool tables, table tennis tables and check in office premises.
Other improvements include car parking for approx. 60 and bus parking for approx. 10 coaches; water supply from an 18m deep bore; two septic tanks; 2 x 7500 litre underground double skin fuel tanks and a stand with two fuel pumps; plus attractive landscaping, fencing, concrete paths, wooden edging and planting along with lawns, shrubs and trees.
This is your opportunity as a couple, or an extended family, to convert this existing complex into a fantastic Kiwi holiday park, plus take advantage of the pre-Christmas trade while making the alterations. Seldom does such a great business, on a large freehold site, come along which also allows for future development opportunities, and presents the perfect lifestyle balance for you and your family. Call Adrian now!
For further information, register now, or contact specialist Business Broker Adrian Chisholm, AREINZ, to understand the full potential of this great business on offer, on +64 21 727 888 or email email@example.com
Wander through beautiful native forests and over a swing bridge to experience the pristine waters of Makarora River’s Blue Pools. Stroll through beech/tawhero forest to a swing bridge that crosses the Makarora River. Follow the boardwalk to a viewing platform over the Blue Pools then cross the Blue Pools bridge for great views up the river gorge. Along the way look out for large trout feeding in the pools and listen for the threatened yellowhead/mohua, which can often be heard in the canopy.
Situated on the Haast Pass Highway, between Wanaka and the West Coast, Makarora offers visitors easy access to Mt Aspiring National Park. The Area is known for its outdoor and adventurous activities. There are several walks in the area from ½ hour duration to 3 days. On the Top 10 of short walks in New Zealand is the Blue Pools (image above), which is only 10 minutes up the road from Makarora Country Cafe.
Exclusive Hunting and Fishing Lodges, as well as Tourist Scenic Helicopter/ Fixed Wing Flights and Jet Boat excursions operate in the Makarora Valley. Choose a scenic flight in a plane or helicopter, or take a jetboat up the Makarora and Wilkin Rivers – whichever way you choose to enter the World Heritage Area, you can do so easily from Makarora. A popular hunting and Fishing area, many outdoor enthusiasts utilise the transport resources available to reach the more secluded parts of the park.
A few minutes from the small village of Makarora heading west is the Blue Pools Walk. Right off the main highway enter a world of lush rainforest, native bird trills, and glacier-fed pools. The crystalline azure of the pools amazes! The water is so flawlessly clear trout resting in it appear suspended.
Over the last 5 years the local community has grown substantially, with several new residents choosing to live in the beautiful Makarora valley and commute to Wanaka for employment. This growth offers an excellent lifestyle & income opportunity within the Wanaka region, and it is also a great place to raise a family, as the local schools are very well established and respected, and both the local primary and Wanaka Secondary School buses pick up at the gate!
Full Listing Information for this Tourism Business will be disclosed to registered, approved Potential Purchasers.
Become a Registered User:
To gain access and download full confidential individual files on businesses for sale on this website, you must first be a registered user, and have ticked the box that you agree to the strict terms and conditions of the confidentiality agreement, provided by TourismProperties.com.
This is a simple two-minute process, which you can complete by selecting ‘Register’ at the top right hand of your device now.
If you are already registered with us:
You can request full access to this listing’s confidential files by:
- Logging in with your existing user name (your email used to register) and your password, then by
- Locating the listing you are interested in viewing Listing Files, then
- Navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, of the listing you are interested in, and
- Selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within.
We will quickly respond confirming your approval.
When you are emailed your ‘access approval’ notification, you need to be logged in to our website, in order to view and/or download the confidential files, which are located in your ‘Document Library‘.
If you are already logged in now:
Simply register your interest here, by navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, and selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within, and Adrian will come back to you by email with your access notification.
43487 | Camp Ground Certificate 2020-2021
43487 | Lot Information & Plans
43487 | Mt Aspiring National Park Brochure
43487 | Full Image Gallery: Current Business & Property
43487 | Full Image Gallery: Owner/manager residence
43487 | NZMCA 2021 - Holiday Park features on the front cover
43487 | Boundaries (indicative only)
43487 | FOR REFERENCE ONLY: Current FHGC Listing Information
Property TypeHoliday Parks / Caravan Parks
Sale TypeFreehold Going Concern
Urgent Deadline Sales
RegionWanaka Queenstown Central Otago
Physical AddressMakarora 9382
PriceFREEHOLD INVESTMENT/DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY offers over 1mil +GST
Adrian ChisholmPRINCIPAL | Tourism, Hospitality & Leisure Business Broker
Head Office | Otago & Southland
International: +64 21 727 888
NZ Mobile: 021 727 888