Please register your interest on this listing, on the 'Documents Tab' tab.
Property Ref: 9820
Millers Flat Holiday Park, Freehold Going Concern, is for Sale In Central Otago
Set in the perfect location, in beautiful Millers Flat
Millers Flat Holiday Park is reluctantly now back on the market and for sale, due to unforeseen circumstances. It is a traditional ‘Kiwi’ holiday park, welcoming holiday makers to relax and unwind or recharge to continue their journey by road or along the Clutha Gold Cycle & Walking trail that passes the park.
It offers a tranquil and spacious spot for campervans, caravans, tents and holiday-makers seeking a peaceful camp site with comfortable tidy accommodation. An ideal location for cyclists to start or end their adventure on the Clutha Gold Trail that passes the park entrance.
Millers Flat Holiday Park includes:
- Comfortable 3 bedroom owners residence, with Yunca fire, heat pump, new bathroom and plumbing. Wood shed, laundry and utilities sheds.
- 5 x Guest cabins:
- Cabin 1: Cute & Cosy Kitchen Cabin with two bedrooms. Hobb, microwave, fridge, jug, toaster, sink, table & chairs, sofa, TV and outside patio.
- Cabins 2-3: Cosy, Comfy and Clean Kitchen Cabins. Two rooms sleeping 6, with one double bed and 2 bunks. Hobb, microwave, fridge, jug, toaster, sink, table, chairs, TV and outside patio.
- Cabins 4-5: Simple, affordable, clean & comfy. 1x triple bunk, double with single over top and 1 set of bunks in each room sleeping 5. Small table and chairs, tea and coffee making facilities.
- Caravan / Campervan and tent sites:
- 70 Powered sites situated over three levels
- Spacious tent sites with a variation of sunny and sheltered as required
- 2 x Ablution blocks: One on the top level and one on the bottom level so they are in a handy location wherever guests are staying.
- The upper level has 3 shower cubicles and 3 toilets in both the men’s and women’s. Small kitchenette/laundry with sink, microwave, toaster oven, jug.
- The lower block has 4 showers and 4 toilets in both men’s and women’s blocks, plus Maytag washing machine x 2, and 1 dryer.
- Kitchen Facilities: A large Kitchen with oven, cook tops, microwave, toasters and zip hot water system. There are two fridges. The kitchen is equipped with a supply of plates, mugs, cutlery and pots. A TV and kitchen table and chairs are also provided.
- Laundry: Two coin operated washing machines, and a dryer on the lower level. Clotheslines are also nearby.
- Camp Shop: Currently only open during summer months.
- Wifi: UBIQUITY WIFI system throughout camp, self-managed, no annual fee and runs off unlimited business plan so no extra cost – ability to charge if wanted to.
- Straits reservations online PMS system: Annual fee, could be taken over by new owners.
Approximately a two hour drive to Dunedin, Invercargill, Te Anau, Queenstown and Wanaka, Millers Flat Holiday Park makes an ideal location for tourists to base their Central Otago holidays.
Clutha Gold Cycle Trail passes the gate – With another 13.2m of funding approved to link up the trails with Queenstown and Dunedin, the cycle tourism market can only continue to grow in the region!
Cycle tourism is a substantially growing market and Millers Flat Holiday Park is perfectly positioned to take advantage.
Guest numbers growing year on year – Sign in to download guest numbers stats from the ‘Documents’ area.
Brokers comments: This fabulous Central Otago holiday park is reluctantly back on the market due to unforeseen circumstances, and this is a great opportunity for someone to come in and take this well liked and profitable holiday park business to the next level. With its prime central location to everything Otago has to offer, this business couldn’t be better placed to take advantage of ever growing tourism market in the region. Don’t delay!
For more information: Please contact Adrian Chisholm, your specialist tourism broker on Mobile 021727888 or outside of New Zealand on +6421727888, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Millers Flat, Central Otago
Millers Flat is a Central Otago township full of surprises and intriguing historical monuments.
It lies at the southern end of the Teviot Valley, 20 minutes south of Roxburgh.
A short detour across the brilliant Blue Bridge from SH8 instantly presents you with an old wooden building. This is the Millers Flat historic bake house. It sits alongside the new Faigans café that was once a community owned grocery store, previously owned by four generations of the Faigan family, the original suppliers of salt and provisions to the first gold miners of the district.
Take a drive 8km on the gravel to Horseshoe Bend, which once supported 200 gold miners and shopkeepers. The Horseshoe Bend walkway is an easy walk to the only suspension bridge remaining of the many that once crossed the Clutha River. Before its completion, the only access was by small boat, punts and cable car.
Encounter the Lonely Graves further up the same road. Legend has it they belong to William Rigney and a young man whose body Rigney found washed up on the beach. Set high on the hill is the wooden headstone marked with the words: “Somebody’s Darling Lies Buried Here.” There is a claim that it was not Rigney who found the body. Whatever the truth, Rigney was later buried beside the wooden grave and the words inscribed on his stone read: “Here lies the body of William Rigney, the man who buried Somebody’s Darling.”
Take time out for a swim in the local solar heated pool or plan a visit to the popular Millers Flat rodeo, held on Boxing Day, it draws cowboys from all over Australasia.
Head north on the east side of the river to Teviot and the spectacular Millers Flat Anglican Church and old red Teviot railway goods shed.
Enjoy the charm of each special discovery at Millers Flat.
Full Listing Information for this Tourism Business will be disclosed to registered, approved Potential Purchasers.
Become a Registered User:
To gain access and download full confidential individual files on businesses for sale on this website, you must first be a registered user, and have ticked the box that you agree to the strict terms and conditions of the confidentiality agreement, provided by TourismProperties.com.
This is a simple two-minute process, which you can complete by selecting ‘Register’ at the top right hand of your device now.
If you are already registered with us:
You can request full access to this listing’s confidential files by:
- Logging in with your existing user name (your email used to register) and your password, then by
- Locating the listing you are interested in viewing Listing Files, then
- Navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, of the listing you are interested in, and
- Selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within.
We will quickly respond confirming your approval.
When you are emailed your ‘access approval’ notification, you need to be logged in to our website, in order to view and/or download the confidential files, which are located in your ‘Document Library‘.
If you are already logged in now:
Simply register your interest here, by navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, and selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within, and Adrian will come back to you by email with your access notification.
9820 | Millers Flat Holiday Park | Financials
9820 | Millers Flat Holiday Park | Chattels
9820 | Millers Flat Holiday Park | Guest Numbers
Great place to stay ★★★★★
Recently we stayed 5 nights using the camp as our base for riding the Clutha trail. The cabins and shower were spotlessly clean and well appointed with lots of hot water. Although the cabins can sleep 6, they have 2 sets of bunks, we felt there is really only enough room for 2, if you want to be comfortable . That aside it is a great camp and the local pub has great steaks and lamb shanks.
Great holiday park ★★★★★
This campsite seemed pretty secluded but was perfect for us halfway on our route. There were just 2 other campervans at the site and some permanent campers. It made me feel like a camping place i went to as a child. The kitchen was very clean, the sink shined very bright! Also a lot of cutlery and other kitchen stuff to use. Almost made me feel bad to use it because it was so shiny and clean 😉 The showers were nice and warm, however there were a lot of showers under maintenance. Since we went here off season it was no problem at all. The wifi worked great, we could even watch a little Netflix in our campervan. Also used the washing machine and that worked great. Plus, some visits of beautiful songbirds and some quail just walking around made this a wonderful campsite to recharge.
We recently stayed at the camp ground while we rode the Clutha trail. It was a perfect place to base ourselves. The cabin and shower facilities are spotlessly clean and well equipped with plenty of hot water! The size of the cabin is fine for 2 people but could be rather crowded with anymore. Should you choose to stay make sure you bring towels as these are not supplied. Thankyou for a great stay.
Super friendly ★★★★★
We stayed with our two dogs and the owners went out of their way to find a suitable suitable site for us! This is the way hospitality should be! Highly recommend a stop here if you want a peaceful haven on your travels!
Nice Campgroup with lovely surrounding ★★★★★
Our family with one child stayed here for 4 nights over the busy Xmas New Year period. The owners were lovely and helpful. We based ourselves here to bike the Roxburgh and Clutha cycle trails. Was a great mid point for our trip and a welcoming site at the end of our big days. Our site was backed on the amazing Clutha River. The central location was good for exploring the region. Access to the school pool was great on the hot days although there are lots of spots handy for swimming around the region. The facilities and campground was nice, clean and roomy. Would definately stay again.
Lovely little spot with lovely staff ★★★★★
We had a wonderful welcome at this holiday park. The owner/manager was lovely very informative showed us to our site and told us all about the area and about the use of the public pool. The site was small but the facilities were perfect and it was quiet and pretty. The access to the public pool was lovely and refreshing with lots of families having a dip. Would definitely recommend this site even if it is a little out of your way.
Caravanning and biking NZ ★★★★★
We picked Millers Flat as a central point for the Clutha/Roxburgh biking and have had a great stay at the Holiday Park. John and Marise are excellent hosts. The camp is a classic Kiwi Camp that John and Marise keep really clean with good hot showers included in the fee.They are also very helpful with information on biking and hiking in the area.