Please register your interest on this listing, on the 'Documents Tab' tab.
Property Ref: 50413
Historic Lake Mahinapua Hotel – Freehold Going Concern For Sale – Reduced Price
Lake Mahinapua Hotel for Sale on the West Coast – Reduced Price
This historic and very iconic pub is in the market for the first time in many years. Many New Zealanders will remember and recognise the façade of this property as being the filming location for the old Mainland Cheese TV adverts back in the early 1990’s.
Over the years this pub has been the stopover for private bus tours traveling the rugged West Coast. The previous business model used to be an all-inclusive dinner, bed and breakfast operation for young tour groups on a mandatory stopover which proved to be a very lucrative business. Whilst this model has already been proven there is immense potential with endless opportunities to expand on this and take advantage of the local and domestic opportunities that don’t necessarily rely on overseas tourism. Opening to the public, lunchtime stop overs, being a recognised stop on the popular West Coast Wilderness Cycle Trail, retreats and venue hires to mention a few.
- A fantastic location on State Highway 7 within a few minutes’ walk to Lake Mahinapua and the Hokitika Beach with amazing sunsets.
- The property has been fully refurbished and upgraded whilst maintaining its historic character
- Quality cabin and hotel style accommodation options
- The site includes a modern 3-bedroom family house
- Can sleep up to 110 guests in various room types
- Onsite pub and dining with current liquor license
- A large and private open-air courtyard
- Is already a well-recognised property
- Includes a Jade workshop
- Is a very tidy and well looked after complex
- An additional 50K Government Kick Start fund (subject to application)
As they say – Location is everything. With the Southern Alps as it’s back drop the Lake Mahinapua Hotel is in a prime location just 10km south of Hokitika on State Highway 7, one of the 8 national highways and more importantly one that captures 100% of visitors traveling the length of the West Coast.
IN THE AREA
Hokitika is around 40 kilometres south of Greymouth, and close to the mouth of the Hokitika River. It is the seat and largest town in the Westland District. Historic Hokitika is a place to appreciate the fascinating history of the West Coast along with the spectacular scenery on its doorstep. The town is attractive to many with shipwrecks, gold miners and pounamu hunters. Full of beautiful old buildings on the town’s historic walk and galleries specialising in pounamu jewellery and art works. The Arahura River, which enters the sea just north of Hokitika, is a traditional source of pounamu (greenstone).
If you would like to know more, please register here on our website, and then navigate to the Documents tab above the main image, and request access to the confidential information therein, thank you.
Full Listing Information for this Tourism Business will be disclosed to registered, approved Potential Purchasers.
Become a Registered User:
To gain access and download full confidential individual files on businesses for sale on this website, you must first be a registered user, and have ticked the box that you agree to the strict terms and conditions of the confidentiality agreement, provided by TourismProperties.com.
This is a simple two-minute process, which you can complete by selecting ‘Register’ at the top right hand of your device now.
If you are already registered with us:
You can request full access to this listing’s confidential files by:
- Logging in with your existing user name (your email used to register) and your password, then by
- Locating the listing you are interested in viewing Listing Files, then
- Navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, of the listing you are interested in, and
- Selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within.
We will quickly respond confirming your approval.
When you are emailed your ‘access approval’ notification, you need to be logged in to our website, in order to view and/or download the confidential files, which are located in your ‘Document Library‘.
If you are already logged in now:
Simply register your interest here, by navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, and selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within, and Adrian will come back to you by email with your access notification.