Please register your interest on this listing, on the 'Documents Tab' tab.
Property Ref: 44556
Waitaki Braids Lodge and Real Estate for Sale
The Extraordinary Waitaki Braids Lodge, FHGC for sale
This is a unique business located in the beautiful Waitaki Valley in the town of Kurow between Canterbury and North Otago. This is an exceptional historic limestone building the was originally built as the town’s general store in 1885. It has been sympathetically restored and modernised into a stunning Lodge with seven ensuite rooms, Café, Restaurant and Function area. The business caterers to a guaranteed clientele from the Alps to Ocean (A2O) cycle trail. The business has fantastic revenues and operating profits. It has excellent domestic tourism returns and around 70% bookings already for the 2021-2022 Summer Cycling season, and high enquiries from Australia. The restaurant and café have become a destination especially for people travelling between Queenstown/Wanaka and Christchurch and the towns (Twizel, Timaru and Waimate) in between.
Current Business Model
- The main business source is from several regular cycle companies both from NZ and Australia and individual travellers. With the increased interest in
cycling enthusiasts and e-bikes, this business model will keep growing year on year.
- There is potential to grow international tourism again as borders open.
- Open for Spring, Summer, and Autumn, Winter is quieter with the current owner choosing to close. In 2019 an international film crew were based at the
lodge for Winter.
- There is the opportunity to further develop the function area with more weddings, birthdays and art exhibitions.
- Situated in the centre of the CBD on the Main Street.
Accommodation – Lodge Rooms
- The 07 Lodge Rooms are beautifully designed each with its own ensuite and conservatory.
- Each room has exposed original limestone and all are very quiet.
- Clients have a door leading out to the garden area and the outside dining.
- There is a large parking area and secure bicycle racks.
- There are plans ready for the new owners to add more Lodge Rooms
Accommodation – Holiday House
- The business owns a two storied house a short distance from the lodge. The house is used as further accommodation for the business and is regularly
- The house has a queen room and bathroom on the ground floor and a second queen, and a small twin room and bathroom on the second floor.
- The house has been renovated to the same high standard as the lodge.
- The lounge, kitchen and dining area lead out to a large deck that overlooks the golf course and the mountains beyond including Awakino skifield.
- The café during the day is extremely popular with travellers, locals and cyclists
- The café has a great style, concept, reputation, and reviews and has always offered an excellent dining experience.
- In the evenings the café becomes a popular restaurant including with many cyclists that haven’t been able to be accommodated at the lodge choosing to
- Lodge clients do a package that includes dinner, breakfast and a packed cyclists lunch.
- The seating includes 40 persons inside and a similar number outside under a large sail.
- The liquor licence allows for more in both areas.
- A short walk from the Lodge is a newly renovated three-bedroom staff house that is available in the package that can be used as owners or staff accommodation.
- Currently there are several loyal hard working staff members that can undertake anything from cooking, cleaning, barista work and waiting.
- A Manager available
- These people are open to working with new owners.
- Available to host weddings for up to 120 people
- Ideal for small conferences, events, and parties
- Large doors leading out to garden, lawn area.
Additional Purchase Options
- Freehold Three-bedroom house $ 500,000
- Freehold Owners/Staff House $ 420,000
- If the purchasers are not keen to purchase the houses, they can be leased to the new purchases to support the business model.
Reviews – Just a few of the outstanding reviews and feedback this fine establishment has
“Most beautiful and cosy café I’ve seen in New Zealand. Staff super friendly”
“Beautifully renovated old building offering very comfortable accommodation, and very very good dinner and breakfast”
“On the Alps to Ocean tour with Tuatara Tours. Absolutely fabulous accommodation with beautiful food, love to come back! A very pleasant surprise in Kurow! Highly recommend!
IN THE AREA
- Kurow is a strategic stop on the Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail the second busiest trail in New Zealand only surpassed by the Queenstown Lakes trail.
- Kurow is New Zealand’s newest wine region.
- The Waitaki River running past Kurow includes beautiful wetlands to explore, and exceptional birdlife.
- Great walking and further cycling tracks.
- Kurow is a rural support town and includes other businesses.
- The town became a base for the building of the Waitaki Dam and it was from here Social Security in New Zealand started.
- The service town for Lakes Waitaki, Aviemore and Benmore and the more than 7000 campers that camp there between Labour weekend and Easter.
Waitaki Braids is a unique, well-run and well-established business with a fantastic ROI and operational profitability. Make it yours now and live the fantastic lifestyle this business offers you.
If you would like to know more, please register here on our website, and then navigate to the Documents tab above the main image, and request access to the confidential information therein, thank you.
Full Listing Information for this Tourism Business will be disclosed to registered, approved Potential Purchasers.
Become a Registered User:
To gain access and download full confidential individual files on businesses for sale on this website, you must first be a registered user, and have ticked the box that you agree to the strict terms and conditions of the confidentiality agreement, provided by TourismProperties.com.
This is a simple two-minute process, which you can complete by selecting ‘Register’ at the top right hand of your device now.
If you are already registered with us:
You can request full access to this listing’s confidential files by:
- Logging in with your existing user name (your email used to register) and your password, then by
- Locating the listing you are interested in viewing Listing Files, then
- Navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, of the listing you are interested in, and
- Selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within.
We will quickly respond confirming your approval.
When you are emailed your ‘access approval’ notification, you need to be logged in to our website, in order to view and/or download the confidential files, which are located in your ‘Document Library‘.
If you are already logged in now:
Simply register your interest here, by navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, and selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within, and Adrian will come back to you by email with your access notification.
44556 | Waitaki Braids | Occupancy Reports 1
44556 | Waitaki Braids | Occupancy Reports 2
44556 | Waitaki Braids | Occupancy Reports 3
44556 | Waitaki Braids | Financials
44556 | Waitaki Braids | LIM
Wine and Food