Please register your interest on this listing, on the 'Documents Tab' tab.
Property Ref: 17556
St Leonards Boutique Vineyard Cottages, a FHGC for Sale in Blenheim
Property Type: Other Accommodation
Sale Type: Freehold Going Concern
Physical Address: 18 Saint Leonards Road, Springlands, Blenheim 7271, New Zealand
Price: FREEHOLD GOING CONCERN FOR SALE, $2,200,000 +SAV+GST (if any)
Broker: Dilan De SilvaMobile: +64 27 444 9692
St Leonards Boutique Vineyard Cottages, a FHGC, for Sale in Blenheim
Every now and again a property delights and captivates us like no other! We are very proud to exclusively offer you for sale, St Leonards Vineyard Cottages.
Brimming with highlights and features, such as the multiple beautiful private cottages, outdoor swimming pool, vast and spectacular grounds, vineyard and mountain views, plus a stunning residential homestead – All of this wrapped up in history, charm, privacy, and the opportunity for a life-style that people normally only dream of! Add to that residing in one of NZ’ top tourism and wine regions, and you have a recipe for an enviable lifestyle, that the current owners have thoroughly enjoyed. Call Adrian today!
Nestled in the heart of the picturesque Marlborough vineyards
St Leonard Vineyard Cottages and homestead are set on approximately 5 acres of beautiful gardens. All private cottages offer views of either the surrounding mountains, vines or gardens, making this accommodation provider one of the top 25 hotels in NZ for romantic escapes.
St Leonards Boutique Vineyard Cottages is a profitable tourism accommodation business, set within New Zealand’s renowned Marlborough Vineyards, near Blenheim, and is offered for sale as a freehold going concern at $2,200,000 +SAV +GST (if any).
St Leonards is located in the heart of the Marlborough wine country and offers a central base from which visitors can explore and enjoy all the sights and sounds of Marlborough. St Leonards is 3.5 km from Marlborough Airport and 4.5 km from Blenheim town (approximately).
This unique and exquisite property features the homestead, which is a classic New Zealand farmhouse built in the 1880s and was once the focal point of a large farm complex.
The spectacular Homestead is currently occupied by the current owners as their own exclusive home. Images of the private homestead, as well as additional images of the garden and grounds, are available after registering, in the confidential listing documents.
The homestead features:
- Entry foyer
- Three bedrooms, master, plus two more
- Kitchen, large separate living room, with formal dining and lounge
- 1 bathroom, plus additional powder room
- Brick patio on the North side, and a covered veranda at the entrance and overlooking tennis courts
- Large separate double garage, plus additional carport
The original farm homestead, built circa 1886, is an excellent example of early NZ colonial architecture. The house is situated in the hub of this private setting with century-old walnut, gum and elm trees. A renowned local landmark, this property even features in The Lonely Planet.
The Five St Leonards Cottages:
The five self-catering, boutique collection of cottage accommodations, are the traditional farm buildings, each in their own private setting among the five acres of mature gardens and trees.
Three of the cottages have been lovingly restored, and two cottages are new but all remain true to the original charm and character of St Leonards, whilst providing fabulous up-to-date facilities for guests:
- A spacious, character, two-bedroom cottage suitable for a family or two couples.
- The Woolshed was the location where the sheep were shorn during the days of the working farm. It has been totally re-built in the same location and to the original design.
- During the renovation, recycled materials were used to maintain the original character of the building. You can still see old tally numbers for the numbers of sheep shorn, on the inside of the front door.
- This classic Marlborough retreat features two separate bedrooms (one with queen sized bed, the other with two singles), a shower room with toilet and wash basin, a second separate toilet and a large open plan living/dining/kitchen area, including a dishwasher. There is a further single bed in the living area.
- The Woolshed accommodation features a large deck area with BBQ allowing views to the north over the neighbouring vineyard to the Richmond Ranges. The Woolshed also features an outside, private bath under a weeping willow for those romantic occasions.
- Heating is by Heat pump or log burning fire.
- Spacious colonial New Zealand style, suitable for a couple or family.
- The Cottage is sited in a private part of the property and has been built in the colonial style similar to local old cob cottages.
- It has a separate bedroom with queen sized bed and French doors opening onto a veranda looking over the neighbouring vineyards.
- There is also a single bed in the spacious living room area.
- Living and kitchen is open plan with polished wooden floors and a pot-belly stove. The bathroom has a shower and a large old claw foot bath.
- The veranda and BBQ area have great north facing views over the vineyard to the mountains.
- Heating is by heat pump or pot-belly stove which makes The Cottage very warm and cosy .
- Romantic cottage in private setting, ideal for a couple.
- The renovated original Stables for the property are sited well away from the homestead in a romantic private setting. This lovely retreat is suitable for a couple on their New Zealand honeymoon. The Stables are fully self-contained with queen sized bed, ensuite shower room, small kitchen area and an ornate pot-belly stove.
- The Stables features a patio area with a BBQ, and French doors opening onto a private garden area. Another feature is the stunningly typical New Zealand view over the old lemon grove, the vineyard and the hills to the south. Parking is adjacent to The Stables. Our over friendly sheep will always be close by looking for attention.
- Heating is by an energy efficient heat pump or pot-belly stove.
The Shearers Quarters
- The Shearers Quarters is modelled on traditional sheep-shearers’ living accommodation and is suitable for singles, couples or a small family.
- The Shearers Quarters is reminiscent of the type of accommodation offered to shearers by farmers that can still be found on sheep stations today. It has an exterior cladding of corrugated iron and is in the same style as our renovated Woolshed.
- Fully self-contained, combined kitchen living area with a queen size double bed and a king single bed. Ensuite shower room.
- Immediately outside is a patio BBQ area in a private outdoor setting where guests can enjoy those sunny Marlborough days. Views are to the east over our petanque court and the neighbouring Wither Hills vineyard.
- Heating is by energy efficient heat pump.
The Old Dairy
- Cute, cosy cottage suitable for a couple on a shorter stay
- The Old Dairy is the renovated external building semi attached to homestead. It offers studio style cottage accommodation in sunny Marlborough. A small kitchen area with cooking facilities, fridge and microwave is perfect for self-catering. Guests are also welcome and encouraged to use the patio area and BBQ facilities
- The Old Dairy is the smallest of our cottages and offers all the features and amenities for a very comfortable stay
- There is a queen-sized bed and ensuite shower room
- If you are traveling with a baby, we suggest that you book one of the larger cottages
Garden, Grounds and Activities for Guests:
- Enjoy a swim in the outdoor pool
- Play petanque or tennis
- Enjoy exploring the grounds admiring mature trees, bird life and vines
- Feed the onsite animals: sheep, deer and chickens
- Pick from the fruit trees on the grounds (seasonal)
Potential & Opportunity
This rare property infused with history, is perfectly positioned to take advantage of Marlborough’s growing visitor market, and there is potential to develop this as an incentive, wedding and special event destination due to the unique location and stunning setting. Potentially the homestead could be included in the commercial accommodation offering, and the new owner could reside in one of the lovely cottages, or even manage it all from offsite.
You can request full access and information for this property by registering here. Then we invite you to come and view this breathtaking Marlborough property. With it’s secluded ‘romantic spaces’, this delightful property will enchant you.
If you would like a home and income that provides a wonderful lifestyle-balance, in one of New Zealand’s top tourism regions, by owning and residing in a stunning homestead, set amongst vineyards, and Marlborough mountains, plus have five income streams, by running your own boutique accommodation business, then don’t delay, register for all the details here, or contact Adrian today for more.
For Information or to Arrange a Viewing
We look forward to sharing this beautiful property with you.
REGIONAL LOCATION & FEATURES
Vineyards & Tastings
Marlborough’s enjoys a renowned reputation as the home of some of the world’s best Sauvignon Blanc wine. There are over 65 wineries that in addition to Sauvignon Blanc, also produce Chardonnay, Reisling, Pinot Gris, Gewurtztraminer and Pinot Noir. The Wairau and Awatere Valleys are also world-class wine making areas with cuisine to match! They are also the site of some of the earliest and most comprehensively documented settlement by early Maori “Moa Hunters”.
Within a 30-minute drive from St Leonards Vineyard Cottages are the Marlborough Sounds. The Sounds are the first port of call for those who take the ferry journey from Wellington to the South Island.
The internationally renowned Marlborough Sounds are a major network of fjord waterways, home to significant aquaculture activity, recreational water and adventure sports, and also rare New Zealand native bird breeding programs and a range of beautiful adventure walks. At times accommodation in the sounds is some of the most sought after in the New Zealand.
The Sounds are also steeped in New Zealand history as the site of some of the earliest whaling and farming activities, well known to the early Maori and Captain James Cook who claimed the South Island here for the British Empire in the eighteenth century. The Sounds offer a wide range of activities from, guided and freedom walks through native forest, adventure sports, fishing, cruising and diving. There are also opportunities to view breeding programmes for some of the countries most endangered bird species, such as the Takahe and Kakapo.
Full Listing Information for this Tourism Business will be disclosed to registered, approved Potential Purchasers.
Become a Registered User:
To gain access and download full confidential individual files on businesses for sale on this website, you must first be a registered user, and have ticked the box that you agree to the strict terms and conditions of the confidentiality agreement, provided by TourismProperties.com.
This is a simple two-minute process, which you can complete by selecting ‘Register’ at the top right hand of your device now.
If you are already registered with us:
You can request full access to this listing’s confidential files by:
- Logging in with your existing user name (your email used to register) and your password, then by
- Locating the listing you are interested in viewing Listing Files, then
- Navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, of the listing you are interested in, and
- Selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within.
We will quickly respond confirming your approval.
When you are emailed your ‘access approval’ notification, you need to be logged in to our website, in order to view and/or download the confidential files, which are located in your ‘Document Library‘.
If you are already logged in now:
Simply register your interest here, by navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, and selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within, and Adrian will come back to you by email with your access notification.
17556 | St Leonards Vineyard Cottages: Accommodation For Sale | Financials 2016-2019
17556 | St Leonards Vineyard Cottages: Accommodation For Sale | Financial Statements YE 31 March 2019
17556 | St Leonards Vineyard Cottages: Accommodation For Sale | Financial Statements YE 31 March 2018
17556 | St Leonards Vineyard Cottages: Accommodation For Sale | QV Report
17556 | St Leonards Vineyard Cottages: Accommodation For Sale | Rates Information
17556 | St Leonards Vineyard Cottages: Accommodation For Sale | Power Information
17556 | St Leonards Vineyard Cottages: Accommodation For Sale | Gallery of the Residence
17556 | St Leonards Vineyard Cottages: Accommodation For Sale | Chattels List for The Cottage
17556 | St Leonards Vineyard Cottages: Accommodation For Sale | Chattels List for The Old Dairy
17556 | St Leonards Vineyard Cottages: Accommodation For Sale | Chattels List for The Shearers Quarters
17556 | St Leonards Vineyard Cottages: Accommodation For Sale | Chattels List for The Stables
17556 | St Leonards Vineyard Cottages: Accommodation For Sale | Chattels List for The Woolshed
17556 | St Leonards Vineyard Cottages: Accommodation For Sale | Certificate of Excellence for 5 years in a row
17556 | St Leonards Vineyard Cottages: Accommodation For Sale | 2018 Travellers' Choice Award
17556 | St Leonards Vineyard Cottages : Financials - 5 years ending 31 March 2020
Summary of Online Guest Ratings:
- TRIP ADVISOR: 285 Reviews: Avg 5/5 plus a Certificate of Excellence
- BOOKING. COM: 156 Reviews: Avg 9.8/10
- GOOGLE. COM: 23 Reviews: Avg 4.7/5
Immaculately clean, well decorated and equipped, we were delighted to have found St Leonard’s. The owners were very welcoming and knowledgeable about the immediate area and beyond. Our cottage was privately situated with views over the vineyards and we were invited to explore the beautiful gardens at our leisure, and we made use of the pool and jacuzzi. St Leonard’s was a real find, we were very comfortable there and genuinely sorry when we had to move on.
An amazing place to getaway 10/10
What a beautiful well appointed and maintained property. Loved the location, the property and the owners. Extremely welcoming and hospitality next level.
It can be said in one word – excellent. 9/10
Fresh eggs, toast, milk, orange juice, cereal – everything that we needed and more. Very well supplied. The location and setup with beautiful gardens, surrounded by acres of vineyards was brilliant. It was also nice to have some farm animals to say hello to. Host and hostess were great – friendly and helpful.
The property is right in the heart of the vineyard country. Our unit was completely private and had a wonderful outlook. It was very spacious and well appointed. The hosts left us excellent breakfast supplies – more was available had we required them. We were even encouraged to pick delicious oranges from trees in the garden. We also appreciated being able to do a load of washing. Highly recommended.
Beautiful, boutique accommodation. 9/10
We had a wonderful 3 night stay at St Leonards Cottages – it was a repeat visit for us and it was as fabulous as we remembered it. We stayed in the Old Dairy which is perfect for two; comfy bed, beautiful linens and a sparkling clean bathroom. A real bonus was the breakfast provisions that were supplied. The gardens and surrounding grounds are very restful – great for a wander. Michelle and Marcus are such great hosts, always happy to help, but always respectful of your privacy. We really can’t speak highly enough of St Leonards and we will definitely be staying again in the future. Thank you for sharing your piece of paradise with us.
Didn’t want to leave! 10/10
Very nice cottage surrounded by vineyards. We had a kitchen with eggs, milk, juices, cereals, etc. Had laundry facilities which was a big help with our 2 week trip. Very nice owners. One of the best places we have stayed in a long time.
Most magical stay in NZ! ★★★★★
My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon and we had the most incredible stay at St Leonard’s. We have been traveling for 4 months and this has been our favorite accommodation. Would highly recommend for any couple or family! Most importantly, the hosts Marcus and Michele are the kindest people we have ever met and truly make you feel like you are staying with family.
Cottage: Our place was charming with the feel of an old farm cottage outfitted with clean modern conveniences (heat, AC, kitchenette, etc.) The kitchen had everything we needed and bed was extremely comfortable.
Property: The cottages are nestled in vineyards so they are very private and from the property you always have views of the vines. The property also has a small farm with fruit trees that you are welcome to enjoy and adorable, friendly animals (sheep, alpacas, deer, chickens.) There are also beautiful gardens, a pool, hot tub, tennis court and more.
Experience: This was the best way to experience Marlborough! We were provided with eggs from their chickens and jams from their trees (and more) for breakfast, got to wake up with sunrises over vineyards, and eat dinner with a glass of wine on the porch. Wish I could live this life every day!!
Just delightful ★★★★★
We stayed here for 2 nights after travelling the North Island and staying in large chain hotels. This little gem was just a breath of fresh air with very comfortable self catering accommodation, very clean, well appointed in a beautiful location and the most wonderful hosts in Michelle and Marcus. A perfect base for exploring Marlborough and the vineyards. They are full of local knowledge and gave advice on sights to see and the fresh eggs provided in their breakfast hamper from their small holding are the best! Highly recommend!
Relaxed accommodate with a classy, enviro conscious feel ★★★★★
Stayed a couple of nights in one of the self contained cottages, The facilities were excellent, the ambience was wonderful and the set up is very environmentally responsible. Delicious free range egs and yummy bread and preserves.
We would definitely return ! 🙂 ★★★★★
In short excellent, some highlights for us were in no particular order – fresh eggs from the hosts own chickens with homemade spreads from their own fruit trees for breakfast outside, despite being Easter our son and I used the pool and spa :), very friendly, helpful and informative hosts, Beautiful green grounds with sheep (that eat lemons!) Alpacas, chickens. Only a few minutes from Blenheim town and vineyards (for lunch) I could go on. Definitely where we will stay when back. We stayed in the Cottage
Woolshed was perfect for family of five ★★★★★
We loved our stay here. The accommodation is extremely comfortable and unique. Whilst the woodshed was completely rebuilt on the original woolshed site, they’ve used lots of authentic touches to create a really unique accommodation. Hosts are friendly and helpful. Kids loved the animals (sheep, chooks and deer). Views from the woolshed are stunning. It is peaceful and well located only 2 minutes from a huge supermarket. Ate mandarins and walnuts fresh from the tree.
We stayed in Sheep Shearers cottage for 3 nights.
From the moment we were met by Michelle and Marcus, the owners, until we left, we were made to feel relaxed and at home. The whole property is beautifully cared for with an abundance of fruit trees which you are welcome to pick fruit from. Breakfast was left for us in the kitchenette and included eggs laid by the free range hens. We were encouraged to replenish anything we required whilst we were there and wanted for nothing. There was a barbecue and seating area outside the cottage which we made use of in order to drink some of the wine bought at the cellar doors of the numerous nearby wineries. The whole stay was a most relaxing experience and it was a wonderful way to recharge our batteries.
What an Oasis of calm ★★★★★
We stayed in the woodshed for two nights. St Leonard’s is just on the outskirts of Blenheim but close to everything you would need. From the moment you turn off the road you enter a little bit of paradise.
The track up to the main house is lined with trees and opens onto a picture postcard house and gardens. Michelle and Marcus are delightful people, friendly and helpful and willing to advise on the best things to do and see. We had sought their advice on a wine tour and it turned out to be an excellent afternoon jaunt.
The Woolshed is set at the back of the property. It has a large decked entrance with a table/chairs and a gas barbecue. The quirky property opens up to reveal a large living/dining area with a kitchen. Two bedrooms, a double and two singles and a bathroom and separate toilet. There is a third single bed in the living/dining area if required.
The view from the cottage is of vineyards and mountains and a forest of rosemary runs down one side. Whilst there we managed to wash and dry all our clothes after a two week jaunt on South Island. I could not recommend this place enough, we loved it from start to finish, little things like fresh eggs and enough supplies to get you on your feet (bread/milk/eggs/Orange juice/butter/jam) all make the feeling one of being home. We are back here if we are ever in the area again. Thank you so much.
Source: Online review platforms
Property TypeOther Accommodation
Sale TypeFreehold Going Concern
Physical Address18 Saint Leonards Road, Springlands, Blenheim 7271, New Zealand
PriceFREEHOLD GOING CONCERN FOR SALE, $2,200,000 +SAV+GST (if any)
Dilan De SilvaTourism, Hospitality & Leisure Business Broker
Canterbury, Marlborough, Tasman & West Coast
International: +64 27 444 9692
NZ Mobile: 027 444 9692