Please register your interest on this listing, on the 'Documents Tab' tab.
Property Ref: 35835
Waiau Lodge & Tavern, Freehold Going Concern For Sale in Canterbury
Property Type: Bars, Motels, Holiday Parks / Caravan Parks, Taverns
Sale Type: Freehold Going Concern, Freehold Investment
Physical Address: 18 Lyndon Street, Waiau
Price: LAND, BUILDINGS & BUSINESS, asking $549,000 + GST (if any)
Broker: Dilan De SilvaMobile: +64 27 444 9692
Freehold Tavern, Plus ‘As is Where is‘ Hotel, for Sale in Hurunui
This popular tavern is located in Waiau, Hurunui District. Waiau is located on road from Hanmer to Kaikoura. Vendors have decided it’s time to move on. Here is an opportunity for a new owner to take over and put their own stamp in the business, and run this iconic local venue. it is got plenty of land and old hotel building and an active local Tavern. They have just received the NZ Prestige Awards 2020/2021 for Bar of the Year!
- Licensed Bar, Restaurant
- Off Licence
- Takeaway food
- Beer Garden
- Public Bar Licenced until 2.00 AM
- A local’s favorite and popular with Bikers and Car Clubs with an annual motorcyclist rally held in January.
- Has an overnight camping area with basic facilities
- Is used as a park over property
- Access Waiau to river walking tracks
THE OLD HOTEL – ‘As is where is’
- A historical hotel built in 1910
- Consists of 10 bedrooms and shower block area, separate women’s bath and shower room and manager’s residence which consists of 5 bedrooms shower and toilet
- Two storied building
- The hotel is not listed as a historical heritage
- The vendors have obtained an insurance claim and now it is an ‘as is where is’ sale
Waiau is a small town in North Canterbury, in the South Island of New Zealand. It lies 30 kilometres east of Hanmer Springs on the northern bank of the Waiau River, some 30 kilometres from the river’s mouth. There is a small supermarket, a DIY store and a petrol station. There is also a small new large swimming pool.
If you would like to know more, please register here on our website, and then navigate to the Documents tab above the main image, and request access to the confidential information therein, thank you.
Full Listing Information for this Tourism Business will be disclosed to registered, approved Potential Purchasers.
Become a Registered User:
To gain access and download full confidential individual files on businesses for sale on this website, you must first be a registered user, and have ticked the box that you agree to the strict terms and conditions of the confidentiality agreement, provided by TourismProperties.com.
This is a simple two-minute process, which you can complete by selecting ‘Register’ at the top right hand of your device now.
If you are already registered with us:
You can request full access to this listing’s confidential files by:
- Logging in with your existing user name (your email used to register) and your password, then by
- Locating the listing you are interested in viewing Listing Files, then
- Navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, of the listing you are interested in, and
- Selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within.
We will quickly respond confirming your approval.
When you are emailed your ‘access approval’ notification, you need to be logged in to our website, in order to view and/or download the confidential files, which are located in your ‘Document Library‘.
If you are already logged in now:
Simply register your interest here, by navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, and selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within, and Adrian will come back to you by email with your access notification.
358835 Waiau Lodge | Certificate of Title
358835 Waiau Lodge | EQC Documents
358835 Waiau Lodge | Code of Compliance - Tavern
358835 Waiau Lodge | Hotel Floor plan - Downstairs
358835 Waiau Lodge | Hotel Floor plan - Financials
Holiday Parks / Caravan Parks
Sale TypeFreehold Going Concern
Physical Address18 Lyndon Street, Waiau
PriceLAND, BUILDINGS & BUSINESS, asking $549,000 + GST (if any)
Dilan De SilvaTourism, Hospitality & Leisure Business Broker
Upper South Island in NZ, Sri Lanka & the Maldives Internationally
International: +64 27 444 9692
NZ Mobile: 027 444 9692