Please register your interest on this listing, on the 'Documents Tab' tab.
Property Ref: 70794
Backpacker Business with Home – Exceptional Investment Opportunity
Don’t let this opportunity slip by! Here’s your chance to not only own a residence but also acquire a thriving accommodation business in the heart of Picton’s CBD. With a growing influx of international visitors and the momentum building behind the KiwiRail Irex Ferry Terminal project. Seize this opportune moment to capitalise on the resurgence of tourism in the region, setting the stage for a robust and busy summer season.
- Two commercial properties on a sunny 1399 sq m2 site.
- Operating as affordable accommodation for decades.
- Soon to be part of the refreshed National YHA Chain, globally recognised.
- Current owners, in charge for nearly three decades, are now looking to retire.
- Main Villa built in 1904, Cottage built in the 1920s.
- Interior refurbishment and redecoration almost completed, with ongoing external work.
- Recent builder’s report available for your peace of mind.
- 15 guest rooms, ranging from ensuites to bunkrooms.
- Staff quarters for convenience.
- Ideal for those seeking a long-term investment with a home and income.
- Strategically positioned for the surge in international visitors.
- Versatile options: Operate and revitalise the existing business, explore long-term accommodation, or convert to office space.
- Situated on Auckland Street, the current State Highway One leads directly to the Picton Interislander Ferry Terminal.
- Specialising in Walkers, Cyclists/MTBikers, with the Link Path Way and Whale Trail passing the door.
- Queen Charlotte Track start accessible by boat just 300 meters away.
Don’t let the chance slip away to secure a slice of Picton’s vibrant accommodation landscape. Whether you’re after a home with income potential or a strategic business investment, this property offers a plethora of possibilities.
For more information or to arrange your private viewing, please contact specialist Accommodation Business Broker, Tracey Green on +64 22 410 8710 or email email@example.com
Full Listing Information for this Tourism Business will be disclosed to registered, approved Potential Purchasers.
Become a Registered User:
To gain access and download full confidential individual files on businesses for sale on this website, you must first be a registered user, and have ticked the box that you agree to the strict terms and conditions of the confidentiality agreement, provided by TourismProperties.com.
This is a simple two-minute process, which you can complete by selecting ‘Register’ at the top right hand of your device now.
If you are already registered with us:
You can request full access to this listing’s confidential files by:
- Logging in with your existing user name (your email used to register) and your password, then by
- Locating the listing you are interested in viewing Listing Files, then
- Navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, of the listing you are interested in, and
- Selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within.
We will quickly respond confirming your approval.
When you are emailed your ‘access approval’ notification, you need to be logged in to our website, in order to view and/or download the confidential files, which are located in your ‘Document Library‘.
If you are already logged in now:
Simply register your interest here, by navigating to the ‘Documents‘ tab, and selecting ‘Request Access‘ to the confidential information here within, and Adrian will come back to you by email with your access notification.
A friendly place to stay, very welcoming and cosy. Rooms are warm (winter), bathrooms and kitchen are nice and the staff is lovely. I regret I’ve not been there in summer to enjoy the barbecue and the tree house !
My partner and I really enjoyed our 2-night stay at The Villa. The ‘private room with shared facilities’ was clean and simple, the bedding was comfortable and cute as pictured. We didn’t use the kitchen a great deal but when we did it had everything we needed. We had our own car and parking was convenient and right out the front. The WiFi worked well. The staff at check-in and throughout our stay were friendly. We’d choose to stay again if we were in the area.
Amazing 2 night stay for 2 mature ladies on an adventure starting in Picton at The Villa. We happily shared the 10-bed dorm room with all the other (somewhat younger!) adventurers and it was better than we expected! Was a fantastic stay and we had everyone interacting and sharing together with us. Only feedback would be please fix the hotplates and label to identify what I am cooking on. Pretty clean and tidy with enough of everything to use. Great location and space for everyone. Highly recommend Tirohanga Track – the hilltop summit hike for sunset… lots of UP but highly worth it… an easy walk from The Villa. thanks so much The Villa… hope to see you on the way back up north.