The New Zealand Government has several visa categories to attract potential business and investor migrants to undertake business and/or investment in New Zealand, and which can lead to these migrants attaining New Zealand permanent residence.
These categories comprise:
- Investor Plus (Category One) – requiring investment funds of NZ$10 million
- Investor (Category Two) – requiring investment funds of NZ$3 million (can be reduced to NZ$2.5 million depending on the type of investment)
- Entrepreneur Work Visa – a 3 year work visa to enable an applicant to establish or purchase a business in New Zealand and to own and operate this business. The business must be able to satisfy the policy requirement for high growth, innovation or export development. This is a points based category which normally requires a minimum business investment of NZ$100,000, however most applicants must invest more funds in order to achieve the required policy points. Additional points are available for businesses located outside of Auckland and also for new employment creation and export revenue.
- Entrepreneur Residence – after two years of owning and operating a business Entrepreneur Work Visa holders may be eligible to apply for New Zealand residence if they have undertaken their original business plan and achieved the business outcomes forecast in their plan
- Entrepreneur Plus – if an Entrepreneur Work Visa holder has invested NZ$500,000 or more in their business, and created at least 3 new employment roles, they may be eligible to apply for Entrepreneur residence after 6 months of business operation
More information on the above visa categories can be obtained directly from the New Zealand Government Immigration website here, or simply copy and paste the following link into your browser, https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/options/start-a-business-or-invest
PATHWAYS TO NEW ZEALAND
If you wish to seek further specific information and guidance relevant to your individual circumstances you may wish to consult with our recommended provider of New Zealand immigration and visa services, Pathways to New Zealand Ltd.
Pathways’ is one of the longest established (since 1992) and most successful professional providers of New Zealand immigration and visa services in New Zealand. Their 11 Licensed Immigration Advisers collectively have over 100 years of immigration related work experience and have assisted some 16,000 people from over 100 different countries to achieve their New Zealand immigration requirements. These people include investor applicants from USA, United Kingdom, Canada, China, Germany, Japan, Pakistan, South Africa, Sweden and Singapore.
The Pathways Managing Director, Richard Howard, served for 2 years as Chairman of the New Zealand Association for Migration & Investment Inc (NZAMI) during the time when the Immigration Advice industry became regulated in 2008. Richard has also been a member of the Immigration Advisers Authority (IAA) Industry Reference Group and of the Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma in New Zealand Immigration Advice course development and Steering Committees. Richard and other Pathways Immigration Advisers regularly present at industry continuing professional development seminars and events.
GET IN TOUCH
Contact Richard Howard, Managing Director
Phone +64 7 834 9222
Pathways to New Zealand Limited
Private & Corporate Immigration Specialists
Level 2, 586 Victoria Street, Hamilton
PO Box 7089, Hamilton, New Zealand